Gratitude Top 30, 2009
In no particular order
1. ) You and your clever green/blue eyes and mop of toussled hair in the mornings, and your ability to always hear my heart without me ever needing to use my lips
2. ) You for your gentle patience, attention to detail, gigantic heart, and beautiful mouth, and for restoring my faith
3. ) You and the way you pronounce my name as though it had a letter “f”
4. ) You and your ability to read my mind and always know when I need a cuddle or a spontaneous “you’re so beeeeoootiful!”
5. ) Amanda for her ferocity, loyalty, and endless bounty of love.
6. ) Ming for her creativity, eye for beauty, steady, unwavering love, and impending bundle of joy
7. ) Kathryn for her incredible support, genius, understanding and partnership
8.) Josh for being the best guy for so many years, and for gladly stepping down to Commander Riker status when an honest-to-goodness Picard came along
8. ) Kyle, for almost always “getting me”
9. ) Mom, and her wall posts and chat attempts that show she’s really trying, and for her secret stash of hand-knit baby things
10. ) Dad for the best email all year
11. ) My boss, who I think can read my mind
12. ) Les Coquettes – both the on stage and off stage players, who fill my days with creative fire, and make each day a quest for beauty
13. ) Auntie Jackie and the enduring lesson that this tiny speckle of time is ours to make as fabulous and filled with love as we can
14.) Everyone who reacted to recent news with “That’s so awesome, I’m so happy for you all!”
15.) Everyone who reacted to recent news with “Wow, incredible. I have so many questions for you!”
16.) Everyone who reacted to recent news with “Oh, Schnoo.” or “Why????” or “I have a terrible feeling about this.” or “I’m really worried about you.” or “Someone is going to get really hurt” or “It’s wrong to do this because there are children involved” or “I never would have chosen this for you”. Your fear and concern have reinforced everything I believe to be right and good because I can look you straight in the eye and tell you this is the best thing that’s ever happened.
17.) Waking up every morning to a hearty breakfast with the people I love, a packed lunch and a ride to work
18. ) Adventures in Schnoovile, where I feel like I was re-born
19. ) The Fortress of Solitude and it’s incredible restorative powers
20. ) Ursula and Andy for being the best landlords ever
21. ) Alexandra leaving – bittersweet, but ripe with adventure and possibility, and I’m thrilled that I get to read it all in old-fashioned letters from the coast
22. ) Arthur who filled the void so beautifully. I’ll miss you buddy
23. ) The smell of baking bread, currently tickling my nostrils
24. ) Crisp sunny autumn bike rides and the apples in my cheeks
25. ) Really, truly, loving myself
26. ) Barcelona, and Leonard Cohen’s birthday party
27. ) Saturday afternoon family pile-ups on the couch with a movie
28. ) The fact that we all have the same taste
29. ) The way you both look at me when I’m making art, on stage, singing, playing, writing, and doing any of the other things I love the best
30. ) Forgiveness. Without it, I’d never be here.
I love this. I always love your posts.
Did you catch the post I did on gratitude on
I hope you have time to keep reading.
I will be back soon to read more.
This is the sound of my heart swelling…